Analysis on the Advantages of Belt Pumping Unit in Oilfield Development
—-Taking Pakistan customers as an example
The mechanical oil recovery method is currently the most important oil recovery method, and the beam pumping unit is the earliest and most common pumping unit. The beam pumping unit plays a very important role in the history of oil development in China. However, with the development of China’s science and technology and the advancement of oil production technology, the drawbacks of the beam pumping unit have gradually emerged. This paper analyzes the problems of the beam pumping unit based on the needs of Pakistani customers and the advantages and trends of the belt conveyor in the future oilfield use.
As we all know, the mechanical oil recovery method is nothing more than the three elements of machine, rod and pump. The choice of the model of the rod pump depends on the data provided by the customer, the depth of the well, the pump depth, the moving surface, the size of the casing, the amount of water content, and the various well data as a support.
According to the pumping unit expert, there are two main considerations in whether the selection of the pumping unit meets the requirements of the well condition: first, whether the pumping unit can carry a load of 3,600 meters, and second, whether the pumping system can meet the demand for liquid production. . For the analysis of wellhead data of Pakistan customers, the customer’s first demand is API C-1280-427-240 and 44mm (25-175RHBC), the third-level rod, but whether it is from the theoretical liquid production volume or the maximum load that can be carried, just To meet the customer’s daily production capacity of 48m3, but the general principle of pumping unit selection is that the actual maximum load can not exceed 85% of the maximum load of the pumping unit, the maximum load of this three-stage rod has reached 95%, although the theory This scheme can be used, but it is generally not recommended to choose this pumping unit. The customer’s secondary demand is C1824D-427-216 and 44mm (25-175RHBC), the third-level rod, but the liquid production also does not reach the customer’s compromise. In the end, we recommended a combination of 1100 belt pumping unit +44mm pump according to the customer’s well condition information according to the customer’s well condition information. This pumping unit can not only reach the well depth well, but also meet the customer’s 53m3/day oil recovery. It also has great advantages in installation, commissioning, maintenance and energy saving. The customer is very appreciative of this solution.
The use of belt pumping units by customers is not only affected by the above points. The most important thing is that the beam pumping unit does expose many disadvantages in the use of oil fields. Belt pumping units have many advantages.
- The belt pumping unit is a long stroke, low stroke pumping unit. In the case of the same amount of liquid production, the stroke of the belt pumping unit is 0.5 of the beam hoisting machine. It can be seen that the pumping efficiency of the belt pumping unit is higher than that of the beam hoisting machine, and the relative stroke loss of the belt pumping unit is small. . The long stroke makes the pump full of high coefficient and the system efficiency is high; the low stroke can effectively reduce the fatigue and wear of the downhole equipment, prolong the maintenance period of the well, and the operation cost is low.
- The belt pumping unit adopts pure mechanical rotation, and the commutation is stable: the large negative long-life heavy-duty wide belt transmits power, and its elastic buffer can reduce the reversing impact and make the downhole equipment run smoothly. The four-bar mechanism of the beam pumping unit makes the movement law of the hammer head similar to the simple harmonic motion. The acceleration at the highest point and the lowest point is large, causing the inertial load to be large, causing the pumping unit to bear excessive load and the torque of the reducer. The large fluctuations increase the gear impact and shorten the service life of the reducer and the pumping unit.
- The belt pumping unit requires low torque: the force arm is only 0.31-0.43m, which greatly reduces the torque requirement. It is equipped with a small power motor and a small torque reduction box, which is 10%-40% more energy efficient than the beam machine. The beam drive has low transmission efficiency and many transmission links, and its mechanical transmission energy loss is as high as 28%, which directly leads to low transmission efficiency.
- The structure of the belt pumping unit is reasonable. The disc brake system ensures safety, the overall displacement workover, the folding structure is easy to install and transport, and the moving parts of the whole machine are equipped with safety guards and guardrails, which are safe and convenient for operation and maintenance. The belt pumping unit’s power system, reversing structure, balance system, and deceleration system are all protected by shrouds. The beam machine is a rigid structure. In the middle and late stages of the oil well, the well fluid supply is insufficient. When it is necessary to adjust the stroke, the pulley or the reduction box needs to be replaced. The process is cumbersome, the danger is high, and the workload is large, so that the adjustment work is compared. difficult. Moreover, the various structures of the beam machine are directly exposed to the outside.
- Belt pumping unit Perfect oil recovery control system, especially suitable for small pump deep pumping, large pump liquid extraction, supporting mining of heavy oil, and application of cluster wells. Although the beam traverse machine can complete the oil pumping operation all the time in the weather under severe weather conditions, in the case of complicated geological conditions, such as oily thick, sandy and waxy, it is easy to break the rod. More serious faults such as stuck in the well, reducer gear, and burnt motor.
Although the beam pumping unit has always dominated the use of all types of pumping units, due to the large size of the beam machine, low work efficiency, high energy consumption, and time-consuming installation and maintenance, there have been many improved pumping. Oil machines, such as front-mounted pumping units, out-of-phase crank pumping units, double-head pumping units, etc. Although improved and improved in various aspects, there is no substantial change in the balance effect, and there is no fundamental change in the transmission mode of the rotary motion to the reciprocating linear motion. This makes the new beamless pumping unit have greater development potential.
The development trend of pumping units in the future oilfield use:
- Long stroke, low stroke.
The long stroke pumping mode has high pumping efficiency, long life of the pumping unit, small dynamic load and stable displacement, and has good economic benefits. The low stroke times can effectively reduce the fatigue and wear of the downhole equipment, extend the maintenance period of the well, and have low operating costs. Practice has shown that the long stroke no-beam pumping unit is the future development direction of the pumping unit.
- Modernization, automation and intelligence.
In recent years, the significant sign of the development of pumping unit technology is automation and intelligence. When the previous intelligent pumping unit, also known as the electronically controlled reversing beamless pumping unit, uses digital servo program control, electronically controlled steering, control panel or wireless operator stepless adjustment of strokes, strokes and all parameters. The automatic pumping unit that is currently available with 50 alarms does not require the oil collector to check on the machine, and the indicator light and alarm function of the non-stop warning machine. Monitor and manage pumping unit operation and downhole status throughout the process. And equipped with a remote control interface, through the Internet + or Internet of Things to achieve centralized analysis and control of big data. The belt pumping unit can also meet the requirements of modernization, intelligence and automation development. Belt pumping units have independent Rodstar software to provide the most stable and professional solution based on customer well conditions. Two independent brake systems and automatic brakes ensure safety. The whole machine is evenly stressed and has good rigidity. It adopts wear-resistant bearings, long-life belts and heavy-duty chains to ensure high reliability of the whole machine. Mechanical balance, perfect lubrication system, automatic protection device and complete machine closure, so that it does not need frequent maintenance.
- High efficiency and energy saving.
In order to reduce energy consumption and improve economic efficiency, many energy-saving pumping units have been developed and put into use in recent years. Compared to conventional pumping units, the Rotaflex unit can save up to 30% in electricity costs, requires low torque, and is 10%-40% more energy efficient than beam machines. Moreover, the belt pumping unit not only is more efficient in pumping effect, but also adopts folding transportation, equipped with a transfer device, which is very convenient for transportation and maintenance, and greatly saves manpower and material cost.
Modern pumping units should have high and high adaptability to meet the needs of various well conditions and broaden the scope of use. The belt pumping unit can not only be applied to various common well conditions of oilfield customers, but also is especially suitable for small pump deep pumping, large pump liquid extraction, supporting oil pumping, cluster well application and alternative beam machine to achieve high efficiency and energy saving.
- Large size.
With the continuous development of the world’s oil and gas resources, the depth of the oil layer is increasing year by year, and the water content of the oil is also increasing. The use of large pump extracts and heavy oil extraction requires the use of large pumping units. The belt pumping unit can well meet the requirements of deep well pumping and supporting heavy oil.
It can be seen that the belt pumping unit is in line with the development trend of the future oil field. This pumping unit has accumulated 25 years of experience in production and has gathered the strengths of the family. Its unique and first-class design is a major breakthrough for pumping units. The field application of 12,000 sets of machines in domestic and foreign oil fields shows that the performance of the belt pumping unit has been affirmed by users. The belt pumping unit has accumulated rich experience in the oil field and has the ability to develop more targeted oil recovery solutions to solve the user’s problems according to the actual needs of customers.